This was a project for my digital art class that I never got around to finishing.
I started with this original image: [link]
and my goal was to take a theme and run with it, while still trying to stay true to the original model.
This is the first piece I've done with base layers and opacity shading using photoshop alone ( I think back in the day I made 2 vexels in photoshop, but I don't even have a piece in my gallery here that was made with no illustrator involved. That's how long it's been!). On top of all of that, this piece was done at a very very large scale (13x18 inch print at 300 DPI). Working on a piece this large was probably the biggest challenge because details (or lack thereof) really stood out compared to the vexels I was used to doing at 72 dpi. Mistakes were easier to make since it was so HUGE, and towards the end my computer had a hard time handling it all
Overall it was a nice experience. I got to relearn the pen tool again (since the pen tool in illustrator is different than the one in photoshop).
Close-Up (100%): [link]
Original Reference: The BEAUTIFUL stock from
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR LOVE, SUPPORT AND KINDNESS. I am so thankful for this DD, Thank you Manda for the feature and thank you Leo for the suggestion!!
I will get back to these comments and favorites in time <3 Thank you all again - Love, Ariel